Essex Physical Therapy offers therapeutic massage by a licensed professional. Therapeutic massage involves the manipulation of the soft tissue structures of the body to prevent and alleviate pain, discomfort, muscle spasm, and stress, as well as promote health and wellness. An individualized massage is designed to complement any Physical Therapy program you may have.
Massage therapy improves functioning of the circulatory, lymphatic, muscular, skeletal, and nervous systems and may improve the rate at which the body recovers from injury and illness.
These effects provide a number of benefits:
- Reduction of muscle tension, stiffness and muscle spasms
- Greater flexibility and range of motion
- Relief of stress, anxiety and aide of relaxation
- Promotion of deeper and easier breathing
- Relief of tension-related conditions, such as headaches and eyestrain
- Promotion of faster healing of soft tissue injuries, such as pulled muscles and sprained ligaments, and reduction in pain and swelling related to such injuries
- Reduction in the formation of excessive scar tissue following soft tissue injuries
- Improvement in posture through changing tension patterns that affect posture
- Increase in awareness of the mind-body connection
We offer Swedish and LA Stone Massage, Reiki and Craniosacral Therapy.
|Massage therapy improves functioning of the circulatory, lymphatic, muscular, skeletal, and nervous systems and may improve the rate at which the body recovers from injury and illness.